Contribution Terms of Service
Use of Content from this Website
Davidson College’s Archivo Hildegart provides access to crowd-sourced content on this website in support of its mission to spread knowledge and increase understanding of Hildegart. Archivo Hildegart invites visitors to use this online content for personal, educational and other non-commercial purposes. By using kyrakietrys.com/Hildegart or hildegart.org, you accept and agree to abide by the following terms.
Intellectual Property Rights in Content
Archivo Hildegart is the owner of the compilation of content that is posted on kyrakietrys.com/Hildegart or hildegart.org. However, Archivo Hildegart does not necessarily own each component of the compilation. The Content that Archivo Hildegart makes available on the kyrakietrys.com/Hildegart or hildegart.org website may be owned by the Archivo Hildegart, owned by others and used with their permission (such as user-generated content), or used in accordance with applicable law. Some Content is in the public domain and some Content is protected by third party rights, such as copyright, trademark, rights of publicity, privacy, and contractual restrictions.
Archivo Hildegart is identified as having “no known copyright restrictions” when Archivo Hildegart is unaware of any copyright restrictions on its use. This may mean that: (1) a copyright existed at one time but was not renewed, or the copyright may have expired, or the owner may have intentionally placed the Content into the public domain; or (2) the Content was never eligible for copyright protection because it was created by an employee of the United States as part of his or her official duties, or (3) there are no copyright markings or other indications on the Content to indicate that it was copyrighted or otherwise restricted; or (4) Archivo Hildegart records do not indicate any evidence of copyright restrictions. These facts do not necessarily mean that the Content is in the public domain, but rather indicate that no evidence has been found to show that copyright restrictions apply.
Archivo Hildegart endeavors to provide information that it possesses about the copyright status of the Content and to identify any other terms and conditions that may apply to use of the Content (such as trademark, rights of privacy or publicity, donor restrictions, etc.); however, Archivo Hildegart can offer no guarantee or assurance that all pertinent information is provided or that the information is correct in each circumstance. It is your responsibility to determine what permission(s) you need in order to use the Content and, if necessary, to obtain such permission.
Interactive Features and User-Generated Content
Archivo Hildegart invites contributions to kyrakietrys.com/Hildegart or hildegart.org, subject to the following conditions:
- You are solely responsible for the content that you submit.
- By posting content, you are giving Archivo Hildegart permission to use it for any educational purpose.
- You will not post any content that is off-topic or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
- You will only post content that is yours or for which you have received permission from the person or entity that owns the content and the related intellectual property rights.
- You understand that Archivo Hildegart may monitor or review submissions from time to time.
- You understand that Archivo Hildegart assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the posting of your content or for any error, defamation, libel, omission, obscenity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any posted information or from any failure or delay in removing such content.
- You will not introduce any software viruses, worms or other programs designed to damage software or hardware.
- You agree that you will not collect information about the users of this website or use such information for any purpose.
Archivo Hildegart reserves the right to monitor content or information provided by website visitors in its sole discretion, to edit or remove any content that, in the Archivo Hildegart's judgment, does not comply with the foregoing rules. Archivo Hildegart is not responsible for any user-generated content that is posted on kyrakietrys.com/Hildegart or hildegart.org or for any failure or delay in removing such content.
Warranty and Indemnity